Ok Mr Matt,

Got another one for you (or anyone else)

Say I have the need to create a MXML component for the sake of making
life easier by allowing access to mx:Tag based approach (aswell as
script).

if i do something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mxCore:View xmlns="mx.core.*"
xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml";
initialize="doSomething()">

<mx:RemoteObject id="testItem" endpoint="http://.."; source="..">
<mx:method name="getTestMethod" showBusyCursor="true" result="toFunc(event)"/>
</mx:RemoteObject>

OR

*grin*

<mx:Effect>
// insert your MXML effects here and use them outside this file via
index.mxml (ie var tmp =
this.createObjectClass(yourpath.to.yourmxmlfile,"name");

tmp["testItem"].getTestMethod(); // will invoke the RemoteObject
within the mxml movieclip.
</mx:Effect>

</mxCore:View>

In theory this should give me the smallest footprint in terms of
memory/bandwidth usage, in that I know it sux to create a container
for the sake of having a container, but if the need arises this
*above* seems to me as being the optimal choice?

Purpose:
By doing this, you can use a MXML tag-based approach to building a
"CLASS" (aka MovieClip) instead of ActionScript 2.0 approach?

I tried mx:MovieClip and other undocumented tags but seems mx:View is
the only one that will work - is that because of the childDescriptors?
ie in order to access a movieclips property FLEX requires that logic
to be there in order to call on it for various routines?

Also, probably outside the scope of this thread but whats the
difference between a MovieClip and an Object (ie technically, i know
MovieClip adds "timeline" to the equation etc.. but how is a MovieClip
Constructed vs a plain object)

O.o

Scott.