Google turned up this blog entry: http://dynamicflash.com/2005/03/class-finder/

The main thing to remember when using a hack like this is to ensure that you have the classes linked in at compile time and thus present in the SWF.

From: Alex Cruikshank [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 2:54 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] accessing registerClass() class bindings.

Hi all,
I'm working on a AS2 deserializer for Burlap XML.  I'd like to use the class data provided in the XML with the class registrations we've made using the Object.registerClass() method for remoting to instantiate the correct AS2 classes.  I can't find any way to access these registrations.   Is there any way to either retrieve an AS2 class or instantiate a new instance of the appropriate class given the linkage name specified in a registerClass() function?

Thanks for your help,
Alex Cruikshank
CarbonFive