From: flexcoding [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 8:41 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Flex Cairngorm question

Hi Gurus,

Any response to the following questions about Cairngorm? Posting it again in
the forum because the original is burried deep inside.
Thanks for the help in advance...

Hello Guys,

I just started Flex development two months back and we are trying to develop
an enterprise level application. So we decided to use open source Cairngorm
Framework v 0.9 by Iteration Two. Though it lacks ample documentation, we
straightway found its benefits as it neatly separates and organizes the
mxml/action script code. Kudos to the developers of this great framework. We
found this to be very benefitial for a big size application.

I have two questions releted to the Cairngorm framework for rich internet
apps:

Question 1. If we need to execute multiple delegate methods in response to
one user action, should we write a command action script for each of the
methods? Or can we just have one command corresponding to each user action
and invoke more than one delegate method in the execute method of this
single command? If we can do the latter, is there a way to know in the
onResult method that the respons is coming from which delegate method's
execution and take appropriate action?

Question 2. In the Java business classes, we return POJOs. Do they need to
be converted to MXML Value Objects? We tried to directly pass these pojos to
the view helpers do display them in the application and it seems to work
perfectly. Are we doing something wrong or can there be any design problems
in doing that which I am not realizing at the moment?

Thanks & Regards,

Rohit Chhabra.

Yahoo! Groups Links

----
This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by
others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or
authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply
email and delete all copies of this message.

To reply to our email administrator directly, send an email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Littler Mendelson, P.C.
http://www.littler.com