From: stevenkeys2003 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 3:25 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] howto call titlewindow vars in class imported by
titlewindow?

All,
I recently hit the 32k limit on one of my .as files.  This particular
.as is being included inline within a TitleWindow. There's one
particular function within it which has a very long case/switch, which
I know is causing the 32k limit to be exceeded.

I'm now trying to break this one function out as a class. The class is
being called by the TitleWindow successfully, but any TitleWindow
ids/vars I try to reference just aren't appearing.

My setup:

main titlewindow: ccardWindow.mxml
includes parent .as file inline:
<mx:Script source="ccardWindowProcess.as"/>

ccardWindowProcess.as imports new class:

import applyBillingCycle;

class file code:

class applyBillingCycle extends ccardWindow {

        public function cycleNow(){
           my giant case/switch code
        }

ccardWindow.mxml (the titlewindow) calls the class method via:
applyBillingCycle.cycleNow()  embedded in a change event for a comboBox.

Now in class method cycleNow, I'm referencing ids of titlewindow:
ccardWindow.mxml and vars of ccardWindowProcess.as .. to no avail. No
errors occuring, i'm just not sure I'm referencing those variables
properly, and/or not extending what I need to be. When importing class
from titleWindow how do you reference variables of within class?