Title: Find..Find next.. in TreeDataProvider Ideas?

It is nice that I can define my own requirements:  I am now searching the whole tree in one pass, and if I find a match, I put a reference to the node in an array.  The array is bound to a results combo box. Since the items are references to the tree nodes I can do whatever I want when an item is selected.

Thanks!

Tracy

From: JesterXL [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 9:54 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Find..Find next.. in TreeDataProvider Ideas?

Various XPath methods?

----- Original Message -----

From: Tracy Spratt

Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 10:08 PM

I have a large Tree built programmatically of TreeNodes and would like to be able to search the dataProvider for a string match in the label property.

Since I do not want to open the nodes as I go, I can’t use the methods that depend on getNodeDisplayedAt().

I can find the first match easily enough with a recursive function.

But how might I identify and flag the current position in the hierarchy so that I can re-start the search from there?

Any ideas?

Tracy