On 4/19/05, Matthew Shirey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Problem here is there are components like the MenuBar, and the Column
> headers for the Datagrid that do not seem to be automatically adjusting for
> these large fonts.

Thanks, Matthew, that's a great thing you found.  I've logged a bug for this.

Meanwhile, you could extend MenuBar to make this work.  In the
measure() function, you'll have to set _measuredPreferredHeight to the
preferred height -- which would be enough to accomodate all the menu
item labels.

Here's how you calculate the height required for text:

        var myTF = _getTextFormat();
        var txt = item.text;

        var textExt = myTF.getTextExtent2(txt);
        var textH = textExt.height;

        _measurePreferredHeight = textH;

In measure(), run this code in a loop iterating over all menu bar
items, then take the maximum of these values and set
_measurePreferredHeight to that value.

http://manish.revise.org/