From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 3:58 AM
To: Flex Coders
Subject: [flexcoders] AMF POJO/hibernate/java.sql.Date Bug?

Hi to all,
a strange thing has happened me with a simple attach file (without
DateConversion). I my orignial CVenditaVO.java   i have used
java.sql.Date for a field and in my ActionScript map i have used Date.
The reason of java.sql.Date is i'm using hibernate as dataBase layer, i
can't use java.util.Date because in my DAO throws, correctly for me, an
Exception.
In my flex side when receive data all work ok? and the debug info print
correct "cast"  java--> ActionScript.
The pains are raised when Flex pass an CVenditaVO object to java.

Here my simple BusinessObject java:

public void UpdateReso(CVenditaVO[] resi) {
     try {
       IVendite resi_cli = CDaoFactory.getVenditeDAO();
       resi_cli.UpdateReso(resi);

     }
     catch (DaoException ex) {
       System.out.println(ex.getMessage());

But, I have not understood now,  Flex throws various exception but not
always the same.
1) Cannt  invoke  method
2) MY OBJECT IS OK IN ACTIONSCRIPT BO BUT IN J2EE side the object pass
NULL???? here i wish dead ;-)
About you it's a bug? why flex don't throws an "error cast"????

Ok hour after hour i have refactory my class, and the problem is my
java.sql.Date with java.util.Date work.
In my attach, who are using hibernate (DataConversion.JAVA) help you  to

around this problem.
<property name="datadi"  column="datadi"
type="dao.hibernate.DateConversion"/>

I have only the last problem with the date,
when i use in actionScript a code like this

               vendita= new CVenditaVO();
               pk = new CVenditaPK();
               pk.datadi=Date;            ----------> Flex compile ok?
but when pass this object to remote j2ee throws "Invalid input
arguments"
              pk.nrscdi=Number(vendite)+1;
              pk.oravdi='00';
             pk.shopdi='Z01';