I'd be surprised if streaming was so optimal because it would be hard to
cache the results of the compilation, but I don't know exactly what
you're doing.

Anyway, because mxmlc.jar is invoked via the -jar mechanism, the
MANIFEST.MF file for actually specifies everything you need to know:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Created-By: Apache Ant 1.5.1
Main-Class: flex.tools.Mxmlc
Class-Path: ../classes/ flex-tools.jar flex-bootstrap.jar xercesPatch.
  jar oscache.jar xercesImpl.jar xmlParserAPIs.jar jakarta-oro-2.0.7.ja
  r batik-awt-util.jar batik-bridge.jar batik-css.jar batik-dom.jar bat
  ik-ext.jar batik-gvt.jar batik-parser.jar batik-script.jar batik-svg-
  dom.jar batik-util.jar batik-transcoder.jar batik-xml.jar axis.jar co
  mmons-discovery.jar commons-logging.jar jaxrpc.jar saaj.jar wsdl4j.ja
  r concurrent.jar commons-collections.jar

So, if you have all of those jars in your CLASSPATH and invoke
flex.tools.Mxmlc.main() with the command line args, you should be there.