Erik-

I suggest you try the following:

1) Turn on the generate-compile-report option in your config file.  This
will cause an <app>-report.xml file to be generated.

2) Read my linker/loader article on Macromedia devnet.  Skip by all that
boring text, but extract out the compile report tool.  (Actually,
reading the article might provide some insights.)

http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/flex/articles/link_load.html

3) Use the compile report visualization tool to check the dependencies
of your classes, and ensure that the correct version of the classes are
being used.  (You can also read the XML file, but that's not as much fun
as playing with dynamically generated graphs, now is it?)

4) Open up your SWCs using WinZip or whatever, and look for the version
timestamps on your core classes.  The most recent one will "win".

5) Make sure you turn off themes, rsls, etc. while debugging.

6) Double check your use of statics to make sure that you aren't
breaking "the rules".  (See my article for details.)

-Roger

Roger Gonzalez
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]