Yeah, I tried that, the Datagrid tooltip only shows for the top of
the grid, not the whole grid and the dataTipFunction doesn't work
either. Heres what I tried:

on the dataGridColumn tag I inserted this:

dataTipFunction="showDataTip"

and my function looks like this:

function showDataTip(eventObj:Object){
        return "Click a row to select it";
}

But nothing shows :-(

That is what the docs say too, which is confusing.

I'll have to keep on trying.

Iain