Manish, I am not sure if I got the right leads ... i did read the
archive, especially
http://www.mail-archive.com/flexcoders@yahoogroups.com/msg05181.html
and it works well if I "know" the tree nodes!

The problem I have is that the the first level does not have any leaf
nodes on appInit. On nodeOpen I send a ws request that fetches the
leaves of that node and subsequently on

The best demonstration is the MSDN library
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp

Dont open in a non-IE browser (one reason I think we can do this
better with Flex :-)

The feature I am trying to implement is the syncToc.
Note that the syncToc is used when the page displayed does not have a
node selected in the Toc or in many cases, it is not even present in
the Toc. This has to be requested, the parent nodes opened up and the
leafnode selected. In this case I do know that a particlar page
belongs to a particular node and I know its parents too. (A page "All
About scripting" occurs in the hierarchy at Web
Development>Scripting>Technical Articles.

Sree

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Manish Jethani

http://www.mail-archive.com/cgi-bin/htsearch?config=flexcoders_yahoogroups_com&words=open+tree+node