I am about to embark on building a component that will involve heavy
usage of arrays, and before I write a benchmark routine to answer my
question, I thought I would see if anyone already had the answer.  My
question is basic:  When referencing array elements using the
following approaches/methods which is the fastest to execute, and
then what is the next best method relative to best? For example:
Method x is best, method y would be about 1.4x, and method z would be
1.8x.

Method A (Integer ordinals from 0 or 1 to Length):
  Array[0]
  Array[1]
  Array[2]

Method B (Text ordinals short in length):
  Array[i00]
  Array[i01]
  Array[i02]

Method C (Text ordinals long in length):
  Array[ArrayItemDescriptionThatIsVeryInformative1]
  Array[ArrayItemDescriptionThatIsVeryInformative2]
  Array[ArrayItemDescriptionThatIsVeryInformative3]

I am just looking for a realistic approximation so I can make an
informed decision.  Obviously Method C offers the greatest
flexibility, but if the execution price is 2+ times the quickest
method then it needs to be reconsidered...at least in my intended
usage.

Also, in the case of text based ordinals are there ranges that are
better to use than others (i.e. a-z or A-Z).  Sorry if this has been
covered in a tech doc.