On 5/7/05, David Terry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When I create a <mx:Model of data and bind that to a control, the
> control alters the data from the original <mx:Model state?

Yes.  If you call removeItemAt(0) on a DataGrid, it modifies the
underlying DataProvider object.  If you don't want it modified, you
should assign a copy to it.

Try this: assign the same DataProvider to two DataGrid instances, and
then call removeItemAt(0) on one of the DataGrid's.  The contens of
both the DataGrid instances will be in sync because they both refer to
the same data.