Matt/Manish,

Manish wrote:
> I don't know why this might be happening, but I found that
> setting the initial value to " " (single space) instead of ""
> (blank string) fixes the issue.  Does that work for you?

Even when setting the value of the cells in each new row to something
other than "" I still couldn't edit the cells without first creating a
new column.  Additionally, the value of the cells wasn't displayed until
after the new row had been added.

In the end I had to do two things to get it to work, the first of which
is a temendous hack that I really don't like.  Because I couldn't edit
cell information until after a new columnn had been created, when adding
a new row I forced creation and then immediate deletion of a new column:

// new "row" added to the patta provider in the lines above
myDataGrid.addColumn(new DataGridColumn("temp"));
myDataGrid.removeColumnAt(myDataGrid.columnCount-1);

Additionally, as Manish suggested, I had to give the initial value of
each cell a non-empty string value (a single space) or even after
editing the field, the label wouldn't be shown until after a new row is
created.

As I said, hacky and not nice, but at least I have it working they way I
expected it should!  So the question is -- what's going on here?  Bug?

Tim.

Badpen Tech - CF and web-tech: http://tech.badpen.com/
    RAWNET LTD - independent digital media agency
    "We are big, we are funny and we are clever!"
     New site launched at http://www.rawnet.com/
This message may contain information which is legally
privileged and/or confidential.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
unauthorised disclosure, copying, distribution or use
of this information is strictly prohibited. Such
notification notwithstanding, any comments, opinions,
information or conclusions expressed in this message
are those of the originator, not of rawnet limited,
unless otherwise explicitly and independently indicated
by an authorised representative of rawnet limited.