Matt,

Thanks! This got me to the right place.

I'm using an array of Objects to feed the 100% bar chart that looks like:

 var SecDash_Data = [   {area: "Calendar", green:25, yellow:25, red:50},
                                        {area: "Plan", green:5, yellow:15,
red:80},
                                        {area: "App", green:20, yellow:80,
red:20},
                                        {area: "ISSO", green:35, yellow:30,
red:35}]

'area' holds the name of each Bar that will be displayed; 'green',
'yellow' and 'red contain the figures that  are used to determine the
length of each section of the bar.

>From the dumps, it looks like hitData.item contains the data in the
row corresponding to the bar that was clicked -- so contains an object
with the keys 'area', 'green', 'yellow' and 'red' and their values.

hitData.element contains a bunch of info, but included in it is:

hitData.element.index: this contains the index to the item that was
clicked. If the green section is clicked, it will contain "0"; if
yellow, "1", etc.

hitData.element.xField contains the name of the property that
corresponds to the section clicked. So, if a green area is clicked,
then it contains "green".