the errorString property of UIComponent causes the red borders and rollover error tip. errorString is set by the default validation listener when it gets errors.

so you'll need to do something like this:

  - write a validation listener that does not set errorString, but instead presents the error how you like

  - set the listener property of your validators to point at your new listener (your listener could extend UIComponent
     if you want to easily drop one in your MXML pages, but it does not have to be)

one thing to be careful of: the default flex validation system has internal knowledge of data bindings. that is, you point a validator at a model object, and the default validation listener automagically knows what UIComponent to associate with errors. your listener does not have this knowledge, so if you do need to associate errors with fields you have to declare or configure them somehow. it sounds like you may not care about this association.

   </mgk>

cto wrote:

Hi~

I want to show a validation error messgae with ActionScript.

I general, if there is invalid data in form with validator, user can see the
error message(ErrorTip) when he rollover the formItem.

But, my customer want to show this error message without mouse rollOver.

Do you have any idea?