I'm stumped. I want my chart to add a series for each row selected
from a corresponding dataGrid. I've used the Series Selection example
(under Misc Techniques and Examples) here
http://flexapps.macromedia.com/flex15/chartexplorer/explorer.mxml as
the model, but it still doesn't work.

The dataGrid is getting data from a WS. When a row is selected, the
CATEGORY field is used to retrieve data from a different WS. This
works fine when "hard-coding" the LineSeries (e.g. <mx:LineSeries
name="{Deposits.selectedItem.CATEGORY}" xField="SCHEDDATE"
yField="TOTALBAL" showDataEffect="drillDownEffect" />) but I can't
get it to work using the addSeries function. The different
categories will appear in the legend as rows are multi-selected from
the dataGrid, but the chart is a simple line across the top and the
dataTips are undefined.

Any ideas???? I know I'm close but unable to resolve.

Thanks,

Dave