Yes, but somehow it's not working......  I really don't see why they just can't create an install script to handle this problem.

Paul

Tarik Ahmed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hey Paul did you follow these instructions:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flex/1_5/flexforcf.html

Paul Lee wrote:
OK... here is my setup.  CFMX7 Ent.  Full Version..   Also I have Flex 1.5 Installed.
I am running CFMX7 under IIS 5 on XP... everything is great.

Somehow I can see some the funtionality that flex offers in the "getting started and demo" area of coldfusion.

I am pointing IIS website to a dir under coldfusionmx7/wwwroot
Works great again.

Coldfusion has put the "getting started apps" under my IIS wwwroot in a dir called CFIDE.. again everything is great there also.

For the life of me can I get the Flex samples to work.

The .mxml files load in a browser but shows the actual script (not the output). The .jsp just goes to a dead page not loading anything.

I am confused as to where to put the flex parts under coldfusion to work, or since I have the Ent. version how do I use the flex capabilities in my web apps.

Fustrating me to death.

Paul

David Gassner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
If it's just a question of pricing, it's definitely less expensive
to buy a separate JRun license - $899 - than to upgrade from CFMX
Standard to CFMX Enterprise, which lists at $5,999.  The limitation
is that you won't be able to wrap Flex and CFMX into a single
server - the best you'll be able to do is to have them run side-by-
side using different ports.

As to the qualitative differences between JRun and Tomcat, it
depends on what you're doing with Flex.  If the goal is to use Flex
to communicate with Java classes as remote objects, I'd rather host
Flex within JRun than Tomcat, if only for the more powerful
administrative interface.  But if you're limiting yourself to
communicating with ColdFusion CFC's through Flash Remoting, the Flex
server will have minimal work to do, and JRun might be overkill.

Either way, without CFMX Enterprise, you'll have to run a separate
J2EE server, as with CFMX Standard you can't separate CF from its
integrated JRun.

As to why Macromedia includes Flex with CF Ent but not Flex, the 2
product management teams would be the only ones qualified to comment.

And all that having been said, definitely talk to your Macromedia
sales rep as Matt recommended - who knows what miracles they can
accomplish?

David Gassner
Schooner Technical Media

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Scott Barnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> For now we are going to use TomCat to tide us over until we figure
> things out... you'd think for the bucks we paid, JRUN full license
> would of been thrown in ;) hehe.
>

> On 5/12/05, Matt Chotin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > Er, I don't think the JRun license is a full license with Flex,
it's just a
> > trial license.
> >

> > Scott, I'd just talk to your sales rep and see what makes sense
for your
> > needs.  I have no idea how the pricing works on JRun vs. CF
Enterprise.