First what a great forum....now the question, I have a media control
to play my flv, but when i click on another 'button' to bring up a
different component in my app, the media controller continues to play
the flv file. I have tried in my AS code that controls my hide/show
functions and I get this error...
"there is no property with the name 'playing'.

and file doesn't even compile and run...

Live docs say that 'playing' is indeed a property of MediaPlayback,
(http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flex/15/flex_docs_en/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm?href=part2_de.htm)
so why if I try to set that property to 'false' so that when it gets
'hidden' doesn't it shut off?
the AS code is: (MediaPlayback is the ID of the component)

function triggerHideEffectMediaPlayback()
{
  // this triggers the hideEffect on MediaPlayback.
  MediaPlayback.visible = false;
  MediaPlayback.playing = false;
}
do I need to reference my controller via the componentID then the ID
of the controler in the component and then the property? ie
MediaPlayback.myMediaPlayBack.playing = 'false';