I have an interesting observation and the solution to the problem ...

In the example posted below, I had the actual size of the image to be
1 px x 20 px.

In normal circumstances, for eg

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml";
width="100%" height="100%">
<mx:Image width="100%" height="100%" source="@Embed
('something.gif')" />
</mx:Application>

the image would stretch to 100% of the screen (application).

On the other hand, if I did the same in the cellRenderer, the 100%
would actually mean 100% OF THE IMAGE SIZE - NOT THE CONTAINER.

So when, I was passing 98%, the value being set was 98% of 1px and
that is .98px (why blame anybody!). Thats the reason it was not
working.

My workaround is to create the image with atleast 100px width, so
that even 1% would translate to 1px.

Huh!

Sree

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "sreejithunni" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Manish, I did try that ...
> For example, in the CellRenderer if I use a mx:Text it displays the
%
> value but does not work for anything else such as mx:Image or
mx:HBox.

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <mx:Canvas xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml";
> width="100%" xmlns="*">
> <mx:Script>
> <![CDATA[
> function setValue(str:String,obj:Object) {
>       var theRank = str+"%";
>       rankBar.text = theRank;
> // This does not :-(
> //      colorBar.width = theRank;
> }
>
> ]]>
> </mx:Script>
> <mx:Text id="rankBar" />
> <mx:Image id="colorBar" />
> </mx:Canvas>
>

> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Manish Jethani
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On 5/12/05, sreejithunni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > The "str" is a variable! that gets passed on to the
cellRenderer