I started playing with the Style Explorer (very cool!!!) and was trying to
mess with the head-colors and making a nice gradient.  I tried some hex colors
and it came out wrong.  So I made a quick example in FlexBuilder only to find
that Flex/Flash is not behaving how I would expect it.

If I specify a single color for the header I get that color no matter the
value.  If I specify a second color, for the gradient I assume, I get black.
See example code below.

I know that I am not using colors from the color picker in the Style Explorer
so I am guessing there is some restriction on the colors I can choose.  Can
somebody confirm or deny this?  If there are restrictions what are they?

        Thanks,

        -Kent

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml";>
  <mx:Panel title="This is a test Panel">
    <mx:Label>Place holder label</mx:Label>
  </mx:Panel>

  <mx:Style>
  Panel {
    header-colors: #B5E3E2, #DCF5F4;
  }
  </mx:Style>
</mx:Application>

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of
thinking we were at when we created them." -Albert Einstein