In the original post, I see that things are collapsing horizontally,
and in two of the three pictures I see a horizontal divider.  My guess
is that there is a timing issue where the width of the divided box
comes up 0 at the time of the layout, then pops back to the right size
later, but does not layout the children again.  I'd be adding some
trace statements to the app to see if that's true.  If there's an
effect controlling the divider that can contribute to the problem.  You
might need to delay component instantiation until the effect ends.

Could you be seeing something similar?

To stick in trace statements, you can listen for move and resize events
on various components and examine the parent and grandparent width and
height values.