From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steven Webster
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 3:08 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Remoting Examples for Flex?

Hi Mike,

There is little need to do all the heavy lifting required with Flash Remoting; you've found the
Remote Object tag, and that is going to do all the work that you require.  There's really no
need to do all the work you were doing with the Remoting Calls; all the connection
management/etc is now handled for you.

As for being "a coding guy"; Flex was made for you .... most of us are most at home
sitting in Eclipse with our xml editors and Java perspectives, cutting MXML and
AS2.0 by hand; there's really no need to be working in a drag and drop environment if
you're not happy about that.

There's a free chapter download of our Flex book at http://flexbook.iterationtwo.com/
(it's linked on www.theserverside.com) that covers a lot of stuff on using RemoteObject
from a Java developers perspective.

Let go of NetConnection.  Stretch out with your tags.  Use the force.

Steven