I have an app that is built modularly with many sub-components
instantiated within my framework.

On the left is my tree menu and on the right is my ViewStack, where my
various sub-apps are instantiated. Both of these are within an Hbox,
which I have given the id "main".

I create a custom context menu which I assign to "main" and this works
fine - it does not work fine, and in fact is completely ignored, when I
try to assign it to "this" which should be the Application. This
shouldn't be a problem in that my Hbox is 100% height and width and
should be covering the full available area, but I've noticed that there
is a small band at the very top of the app that it doesn't cover and
which has the default Flash context menu.

Anyone know why this band is showing up and how to get rid of it?  It
seems there is some padding being introduced - I just have to figure out
where it is coming from.

Also, anyone have strategies for custom context menus it apps that have
nested components? I'm hoping in Flash Player 8, we're able to control
context menus a bit more than we can currently in this sort of scenario.

Jeff Battershall
Application Architect
Dow Jones Indexes
[EMAIL PROTECTED]