Matt,

I tried your suggestion, and something weird is happening...

In my code, I have (I also tried creating a variable):

<mx:Image source="boxes.swf?line1=TESTLINE1"/>

At this point, I'm just hardcoding to test this. If I request my mxml
application with this Image tag in it, I can see that it makes the
correct request (GET /boxes.swf?line1=TESTLINE1), however, line1 in
the movie is undefined.

If I make the same exact request via a browser
(http://localhost:8080/boxes.swf?line1=TESTLINE1) line1 has the value
passed.

It's like the Image tag is resetting all the variables I pass to my
movie to 'undefined'. Any idea? I can't think of any other way of
getting variables to my flash movies in Flex.

Thanks in advance! - Josh