I have this code in MyWebService.mxml :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml";>
    <mx:Script>
        <![CDATA[
                        function runWebServices(caller:Object)
                        {
                                var call = ws4ComboBox.updateRepoRates.send();
                                call.marker = caller;
                                mx.controls.Alert.show("websvcs. request sent",
"websvcs.");
                        }

                        //faultHandler when webservice call fails
                        function faultHandler(faultstring)
                        {
                                mx.controls.Alert.show(faultstring, "Web
Service Fault");
                        }

                        function resultHandler(event)
                        {
                                mx.controls.Alert.show("websvcs. response
recvd", "websvcs.");
                                var myCaller = event.call.marker;

                                myCaller.asyncFillComboBoxDataProvider();
                        }
       ]]>
    </mx:Script>

    <mx:WebService id="ws4ComboBox"
wsdl="http://sanjaylaptophp:9080/PositionsRepoRatesService.wsdl";
        fault="faultHandler(event.fault.faultstring)"
concurrency="multiple" useProxy="true" showBusyCursor="true">
        <mx:operation name="updateRepoRates"
result="resultHandler(event)">
                <mx:request>
                <newRate>dummy</newRate>
                </mx:request>
                </mx:operation>
    </mx:WebService>
</mx:Application>

when I attempt to call the webService like this (from a separate .as
file):

var myWebSvc = new MyWebService();
myWebSvc.runWebServices(this);

I see the alert popUp saying that the request was sent, but the
'resultHandler' is never invoked..in fact, my soap-server trace tells
me that the 'updateRepoRates' method was never called.
Any idea why ?

Thanks in advance. Sanjay