From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Valy Sivec
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 8:28 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] When do I need to Recompile mxml files?

Thanks  Abdul.  Do I need to re-compile  mxml files in case I made some changes to flex-config.xml?

Thanks again,
Valy

Abdul Qabiz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

Any changes to MXML & associated AS files would require recompilation. Any changes to backend logic (POJO, EJB) doesn't require flex app recompilation, unless you have use Model/XML tag to fetch data from backend.

Data of Model/XML tags get compiled in flex application, so you need to take care this situation..

<mx:Model source="http://www.myserver.com/getCategories.jsp" /> or <mx:XML source="http://www.myserver.com/getCategories.jsp"/>

getCategories.jsp returns xml file So if getCategories.jsp is changed, you should recompile the flex app also...

Does it make sense?

-abdul