We have a detection filter set to run for the mxml files.  If you want it to run on SWF files as well you’ll need to adjust the filter settings in web.xml.  I’m not an expert in that but I don’t think it should be too hard if you’re familiar with J2EE.

Matt

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of viraf_bankwalla
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 11:28 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Detecting flash player

Hi,

I have a Flex application that is embeded in a HTML page.  When the
application is referenced using 'appname.mxml.swf' I have noticed that
the flash player is not being detected.

If I visit 'appname.mxml' directly from the browser, the version
detection takes place.  How do I enable the version detection through
the embeded object 'appname.mxml.swf'

Thanks.