Hi ,

I have a main.mxml where I have this DataGrid

        function initListener(){
        addEventListener("statusChanged",
mx.utils.Delegate.create(this, onStatusChange));
        }

         function onStatusChange(e){
                mx.controls.Alert.show("listener is Listening"); }

    <mx:DataGrid id="datagrid1" rowHeight="100"
dataProvider="{tp}" editable="true" >
      <mx:columns>
        <mx:Array>
          <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Name"
columnName="name" editable="false"/>
          <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="City"
columnName="city" editable="false" />
                  <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Birthday"
columnName="day" />
                  <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Status"
columnName="status" editable="true"
cellRenderer="ComboCellRenderer" />

        </mx:Array>
      </mx:columns>
    </mx:DataGrid>

Whenever the combox box value is changed I want to
call a remote object with the datagrid's selectedItem
object.

I am handling the 'change' event in the
ComboCellRenderer and dispatching a 'statusChanged'
event and I also have a listener attached to main.mxml
for the 'statusChanged' event. But whenever the combo
box value is changed the listener function
onStatusChange in main.mxml is not called.

Can you tell me what I am missing here?

Thanks
Mohan