From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of JesterXL
Sent: dinsdag 24 mei 2005 17:51
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Validating XML

My perception of Castor and the reason to use it is based on the ability
to validate your data/value objects in Java, thus ensuring that if your
data is valid, and another system has problems using it, it is the other
system and not the base Java code.

Furthermore, the use of XSD's for data objects allows the proliferation
of many standard value objects to be used across a myriad of
applications with the ability of those applciations to validate the data
they are sending, thus ensuring ease of communication across disparate
systems.

With the above 2 said, that is my guess as to why someone would expect
Flex to validate the XML via the XSD before sending; that way you can
ensure the data you are sending back to Java is valid ... in form, not
in contents.
So, if the number is 0-0-0-0-0 instead of 000-000-0000, that is a data
input validation error, but at least the data is well formed.

Does that make sense?  I'm not saying I agree with using an XSD vs. just
straight RemoteObject and mapping both server-side and client side value
object classes to match as close as possible, and through testing you
are ensured that the data works since you mirrored the Java class client
side in a value object, but your thoughts do help me understand the
"why" someone would want to do it; I'm trying to build up a decent
inference here.