Hi Alex -

At 01:51 PM 5/25/2005, you wrote:
>Actually the "db" directory by default is in TOMCAT_HOME not
>TOMCAT_HOME/webapps. (you can change this via store.cfg.

This is getting stranger. I moved the db folder and its contents up a level
to the location you describe (the same level as webapps):

jakarta-tomcat-5.0.25 > db

Now, when I restarted tomcat, a new db directory was created above
jakarta-tomcat-5.0.25. Inside that directory are the catalog.lck and
catalog.log files you refer to below, as well as a copy of the
catalog.properties file. I'm still getting the "products can't be
retrieved" message.

Hmm.

>In case you did that: We're using HSQLDB in "in-process" mode, so it
>initialises when you start your app server. Have you restarted Tomcat?
>When you restart Tomcat, HSQLDB should by default create catalog.lck and
>catalog.log files in the db directory.

- Tom