From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of digital_eyezed
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 7:31 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Drag and Drop from tree to List

This seems to work fine when the dataProvider for the tree is a
static
mx:XML node list, but when the node list is the result of a
remoteObject, the dataForFormat("treeItems") returns an undefined. I
think what I am trying to do is very simple.

I have a tree which is populated by a remoteObject call, this works
fine.

The XML returned from the remoteObject Call is in this format:
<node  label="Test>
<node label="Test.txt/>
<node label="Test2.txt"/>
</node>

Tree now works fine.

Now, in the doDragDrop(event) function I call another method (after
clearing the List and populating it with this dragsource object)
called: sendFile(event)
Which does this:
var myObj:Object = event.dragSource.dataForFormat("treeItems");
var fileName:String = String(myObj[0]);
mx.core.Application.alert(fileName);

All i get is undefined. If I try a .label or .node I also get an
undefined.

How can I get the label?

Regards,

Iain