Got it going!

I was going astray while setting the "User Specified Setting". I
somehow had the "Key" value set to "Schema Location" rather than
"Namespace Name". Once I corrected that everything is sweet.

So my settings now are:

URI:            [Path to]mxml.xsd
Key Type:       Namespace Name
Key:            http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml

For others who try this, turn on the "Properties" view if don't
already have it on. This shows all the properties that a given MXML
tag can take.

Cheers

Indy

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "indy_nagpal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Dimitrios:
>
> I followed your advise and can now get MXML files to open up okay
> (color-coded, etc). However, tag insight/auto completion do not seem
> to be working fully. I seem to get tag insight only for those tags
> that have been used before in the file. E.g., if <mx:HBox> has been
> used in the file, and I place my cursor after the line where this has
> been used, I can see tag insight for <mx:HBox>.
>
> Have you faced this before. Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Indy
>

> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "r0main" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Thanks a lot... It works that way...
> > Now, for 100% free, I can edit MXML files and also can edit flex .as
> > files with MTASC::: ByeBye flexBuilder :-)))))
> >
> > Ciao, r0main
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Dimitrios Gianninas"
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Hi r0main,
> > >
> > > Here is what I did in Eclipse 3.1M7:
> > >
> > > Schema setup:
> > > Goto Preferences > Web & XML > XML Catalog. From there I created a
> "User
> > > Specified Entry" pointing to the MXML schema file with Flex 1.5.
> > >
> > > Association:
> > > Goto Preferences > Editors > Content Types. Under "XML" add
"*.mxml".

> > > Apply and Save... next time you open a MXML file... voila!
> > > I tried exactly what you did and it didn't work, so after fiddling
> > > around, I discovered the above.
> > >
> > > Dimitrios "Jimmy" Gianninas
> > > RIA Developer
> > > Optimal Payments Inc.
> > >

> > >   _____

Page
> > > Editor", "Standalone Structured Source Editor", on it: Nothing good
> > > happens... But if I rename it "main.xml" that works perfectly...
> > >
> > > r0main
> > >
> > > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "r0main" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Tools