There are quite a few constructs that turned out to be extremely
expensive to put in the schema.  In theory, none of them would prevent
validation of your document, they would only be unavailable for hinting.
As it is, the schema is horribly complex but represents a reasonable
compromise in correctness vs. usefulness.

If you bump into certain limitations, you are welcome to add them, but
be aware that small changes to the schema can make it unusable for
run-time hinting in many tools.

-Roger

Roger Gonzalez
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]