From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tolulope Olonade
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2005 6:55 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Flex best with which server side technology ? (CFM/Java/ASPX?)

Thanks All,

 David what about people like me comfortable with C family of languages like C/C++ and C#?

I heard the transition from those languages to Java is not much? How true is that?

There was a time I was trying to set up a Java web development environment and I had to fiddle with things like JBoss, Apache,Tomcat, http conf, text files, xml files etc

On the contrary on IIS its just few clicks and you are up and running…

I think Xamlon is trying to preempt Macromedia by throwing weight behind these families of developers i.e. they love flash but prefer C# on MS.NET OR Click once Web/App server deployment.

So between CFM and Java help compare ease of use AND Power to achieve things from a Flex perspective.

Thanks a lot.