You could also look at the E4X overview I accidentally posted to this
group a few weeks ago. ;)

- Gordon

-----Original Message-----
From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Aldo Bucchi
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 9:08 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] More interesting than Zorn? - Details on Flex
2.0.....

E4X is worth the WOOOW!
on one side it is a very smart technology.
on the other, talks about Macromedia seriously committing to embracing
the ECMA standards to a broad extent. Excellent.

Check out Jon Udell's introduction for a quick overview
http://weblog.infoworld.com/udell/2004/09/29.html

...or if you are seriously bored, take a look at the published standard
http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-357.htm

Best Regards,
Aldo

http://www.macromedia.com/platform/whitepapers/platform_overview.pdf.

> > "The next major release of Flex, code-named Mistral, will provide an
> > extensive set of new features.
> >

> > The class library will be extended with new and improved user
interface
> > components.  An extended effects and skinning infrastructure will
make it
> > even easier to build highly expressive and branded applications.
The Flex
> > programming model will also leverage new industry standards, suck as
E4X
> > (ECMAScript for XML).  Flex will also provide tight integration with
> > functional testing tools and support usage analysis of RIAs.
> >

> > New data services are being added to Flex to support transparent
data
> > persistence across tiers, occasionally connected clients, data
> > synchronization, a robust data push infrastructure, and paging large
> > datasets.  The new data services remove the need to write the
> traditionally
> > complex and error-prone required to synchronize data between tiers.
> > Modifications made at the client side can be persisted transparently
> the
> > server.  Combined with existing persistence solutions used at the
server
> > side (like Hibernate and JDO), these services can provide an
end-to-end,
> > client application-to-database, persistence solution.
> >

> > The new data services also support offline data access: Data
modifications
> > made offline are stored in a persistent data store at the client
side, and
> > are synchronized with the server when the network becomes available.
The

--
::::: Aldo Bucchi :::::
mobile (56) 8 429 8300