Your example isn't working in this case Manish.  Here's exactly what I'm doing.  User clicks on a link which executes the following code:

var win:TitleWindow =

      TitleWindow(PopUpManager.createPopUp(

            this, News, false, {title: "Newsworthy", width: 650, height: 300, topLevel: menu}));

I am passing a reference to my lefthand navigation (menu) TO the TitleWindow I’m opening up as a variable named topLevel.

Now, in my News.mxml file that gets opened up here I have in its creationComplete a call to adjustDepth() which looks like this:

public function adjustDepth() {

                        trace("topLevel.depth: " + topLevel.depth);

                        trace("this.depth: " + this.depth);

                        topLevel.setDepthAbove(this);

                        trace("topLevel.depth: " + topLevel.depth);

                        trace("this.depth: " + this.depth);

                  }

When I click on the link to open the News popup, which I’m hoping is partially obscured by the left-hand menu, it isn’t and the trace output looks like this:

topLevel.depth: 4

this.depth: 42

topLevel.depth: 4

this.depth: 42

Despite my call to set the depth of my menu above the News popup, the depths are still the same and the news remains on top of everything else.

Why isn’t the setDepthAbove call working?

robert l. brueckmann

senior web developer

merlin securities

595 madison avenue