WEIRD!

I found the problem, but I'm not sure it makes me feel any better.
After adding a labelFunction, and seeing that it wasn't even being
called, I decided to add some funky methods to my Node class and debug
them, just to see what was happening there.

To my surprise, when I clicked files in debug, I noticed that the Node
class was not there. Apparently, though the array group.nodes was
populated with Node objects, and they had all the correct data that
existed in the remote database, they weren't being instantiated; or,
at least, they weren't as Node objects.

What I did, was a simple var node:Node = new Node(); in my main MXML
file. This empty class does nothing except register that there is a
Node class that can be instantiated. After that, my problem is solved.
The List shows all the Nodes correctly, and Node appears in the list
of debuggable classes.

This isn't, however, a fix. WHY does Flex instantiate all my remote
objects except Node? I properly state the Object.registerClass, and
upon debugging the code, it SAYS that the group.nodes is an Array of
Nodes. My remote POJO doesn't deviate from standard Java bean
structure. There's nothing special about my Node class, especially
when compared to my other POJOs which work fine. It doesn't reference
any weird classes, and certainly none that my other operating POJOs
don't also reference and operate on. This is a strange, and seemingly
unexplainable problem.

Any insight would be helpful. Especially if it's something *I* did! -Josh