So we're trying to get a complex object with boolean properties in coldFusion to serialize into a complex object with boolean properties in Flex, but we keep getting wrongly typed results. Depending on the method we choose, we get a string value of "true" or "false" or a (case insensitive) string value of "yes" or "no". Has anyone been able to get complex objects in CF webservices to properly type booleans?
Here is an example of what we're getting:
<item>
             <key xsi:type="xsd:string">lock</key>
             <value xsi:type="xsd:string">false</value>
</item>

but we should get:

<item>
             <key xsi:type="xsd:string">lock</key>
             <value xsi:type="xsd:boolean">false</value>
 </item>

Any thoughts?
(sorry this is a bit more about CF than flex, but actionScript is the more strongly typed language that cares about the difference between "false" and false!)

Thanks,
Sean McKibben