Is there any chance you’re running this in FlexBuilder with the Network Monitor on?  If so, can you try it running in the browser without FB?  We’ve had others ask about random calls to a RemoteObject that we couldn’t track down either, but I think that FB might have played a role.  Also, is the RemoteObject defined in your popup window or is it in another component?  If it’s in the popup window itself try moving it to a different component so that it’s not being destroyed when the popup closes.

Matt

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of jamiebadman
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 9:12 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Remote Object Busy Cursor after Popup closed...

Hi,

First... thanks for all the help that's been offered to me from you
guys in reponse to my (mostly) stupid questions over the past couple
of weeks - it's MUCH appreciated.

Ok... now for another possibly stupid question ;-)

I have the 'showBusyCursor' set to 'true' on all my RemoteObject
definitions.

It seems to work ok except...

When I *close* a popup window, the busy cursor appears, despite
there being no obvious call to any RemoteObject being made. It stays
in this state.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this ? And if so,
what should I do to avoid this ?

Or failing that, is there a way I can simply toggle the state of the
BusyCursor ?

Thanks in advance!

Jamie.