From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robert Brueckmann
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 3:45 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] alert listener

I have an alert listener that’s instantiated upon login to my application like so:

public var alertListener:Object = new Object();

function createListener() {

            alertListener.click = function(event) {

                        getURL("index.html");

Then I have a method that is called when the application session has ended like so:

public function sessionEnded():Void {

            mx.controls.Alert.show("Your session has ended and you must log back into the site.", "Session Alert",

                        mx.controls.Alert.OK, this, alertListener, "", mx.controls.Alert.OK);

}

When the user clicks on a link and the session has ended, it pops up the alert window successfully, telling them they must log in again…I had hoped that after reading this message and clicking ok, the application would refresh and they’d be presented with the login screen again, only thing is, getURL buried in the createListener() method isn’t working…I’ve put trace statements in there…it’s getting there…it just doesn’t want to get me my URL.  Does this have something to do with scoping here?  Is there a way to do this properly, scope-wise if that is in fact the case so my call to getURL actually does work?

robert l. brueckmann

senior web developer

merlin securities

595 madison avenue

new york, ny 10022

p: 212.822.4821
f: 212.822.4820

This message contains information from Merlin Securities, LLC, or from one of its affiliates, that may be confidential and privileged. If you are not an intended recipient, please refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information and note that such actions are prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or by replying to this transmission.
Merlin Securities, LLC is a registered broker-dealer. Services offered through Merlin Securities, LLC are not insured by the FDIC or any other Federal Government Agency, are not deposits of or guaranteed by Merlin Securities, LLC and may lose value. Nothing in this communication shall constitute a solicitation or recommendation to buy or sell a particular security.