I've found  a solution.
Instead of trying to move the image in size(), i decided to move it
in layoutChildren(). so all i did in my image cell renderer was add
the following method

function layoutChildren():Void
{
  super.layoutChildren();
  image.move((layoutWidth/2), (layoutHeight/2));
}

thanks for all the help.

regards
bod

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "bhaq1972" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thankyou both (Manish and Paulus) for your feed backs but still no
> luck. The position of the image just doesnt want to budge.
>
> (All i'm doing is taking the flex samples example of
> imagecellrenderer and adding the size() method from the
> checkboxcellrenderer  to reposition it.)
>
> I've used the move() method to move buttons around on a screen,
but
> for an image it doesnt work.
>
> any more ideas?
>
> Could it be repositioned from datagrid or datagridcolumn?
>
> regards
>

> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, P Trisnadi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > Prolly also set the column to center-aligned... (So, both column
> and content/imagecellrenderer.)
> >
> > - Paulus
> > ----- Original Message ----From: Manish Jethani
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Fri Jun 24 05:46:55
> 2005Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Re: question about image
cellrenderer