I want to make the first cell of the new row added to be editable by
default. On scrolling the datagrid down to the selected row the first
cell is not set to edit mode. If row is visible by default i.e there
is no need for scrolling then first cell is made editable.

Following is the code
                function enterNewRow(event:Object):Void {
                        var newRowIndex  = datagrid.dataProvider.length;

                        var model:Object = new Object();
                        model.date = new Date();
                        model.amount = 0;
                        model.editable = true;
                        datagrid.addItemAt(newRowIndex, model);
                        _wait = setInterval(this, "focusNewRow", 300);
                }

                function focusNewRow():Void {
                        clearInterval(_wait);
                        var newRowIndex  = datagrid.dataProvider.length-1;

                        var focusedCellMap = {columnIndex: 0,
itemIndex:newRowIndex};
                        datagrid.vPosition = newRowIndex;
                        datagrid.focusedCell = focusedCellMap; //Override
previous focussed
cell location.
                        datagrid.setFocus();
                        datagrid.focusedCell = focusedCellMap;