From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Phil Marston
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2005 11:17 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Newbie can't find selectedItem in comboBox
when dataProvider is remoteObject

Cheers Daman,

Can't seem to get that to work either.  :-(

I'm wondering . . .. in the Flash IDE there was a remoting debugger that

would let me see what was getting passed back and forth - is there
anything
like that in the Flex IDE?

Perhaps I need to put the remoting result into a Flex model object and
use
that as the dataProvider (Grasping at straws!)

:-/

At 10:36 01/07/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>Try "kingdoms_cb.selectedItem.value.toString()"
>
>-Daman

Phil Marston
Learning Technologist
Learning Technology Unit
Edward Wright G33, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB24 3QY, UK
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Tel: +44(0)1224 273329 / +44(0)7798 723660
http://www.abdn.ac.uk/diss/ltu/

University of Aberdeen Open Day - Tuesday 23rd August 2005
For more information visit our website http://www.abdn.ac.uk/openday or
freephone 0800 027 1495