I should add that i don't have access to the swf that i load.

So i can't go into the .fla and change things.

On 7/3/05, Clint Modien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

ok... i tried setting up the newly loaded swf (after it loads) with the function and it didn't work

loader.content.getPreferredHeight = function()
{
    trace("getting called");   // this never gets called
    return 22;
}

i also tried...

loader.content.preferredHeight = 22;

when i trace out the loader.content var i do actually get a variable... something something .contentHolder

so i'm assuming contentHolder is the ref to my newly loaded swf...

i'm just not sure how to set the prefferedHeight on it dynamically...

any ideas?