The problem is:

I want to create a component A in the file a.mxml and a component B
in a file b.mxml, and to use them both in the file main.mxml like
here (I've replaced triangle brackets by square ones!):

main.mxml
=====================

[mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml";
xmlns:local="*"]
[local:A]
[local:B /]
[/local:A]
[mx:Application]

a.mxml
=======================
[mx:Canvas xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml";
xmlns:local="*"]
[mx:Label ... /]
[/mx:Canvas]

b.mxml
========================
[mx:Canvas xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml";
xmlns:local="*"]
[mx:Image ... /]
[/mx:Canvas]

this example produces such an error:

1 Error found.

Error main.mxml:

The component B may not be used as a child of A because the A is a
container with internal children.

If I understand it all correctly, then if I want to use such a
construction

[local:A]
[local:B /]
[/local:A]

then I should leave component A description in a.mxml empty,
otherwise it's not allowed to insert component B into it.

Why is it so and how can I solve this problem?

Thanks!
Dima,