First question is whether I can pass actual parameters to a callback
in the first place? This is what I need to do:

<mx:ColumnSeries id="salesSeries"
  yField="sales">
</mx:ColumnSeries>

<mx:LineSeries id="percSeries"
  yField="percent"
  lineSegmentRenderer="PercentLineRenderer("orig callback params",
"new  callback params")">
</mx:LineSeries

Conventionally of course the lineSegmentRenderer gets no params as a
callback. But in this instance I need to manipulate the position of
the  "percent" line series lines through the renderer based on "sales"
series data so that the lines are positioned exactly over the columns
of the "sales" series". I have code in the renderer that positions the
lines, but different underlying data for the column series (2 side by
side cols for each data point), changes the width and horizontal
position of the columns and then the "percent" line fragments above no
longer line up.

If I could get the "sales" series info to the "percent series
"renderer" I think I stand a chance of coding "interacting series"

A big thank you in advance,

Mic.