Well, here it would be interessting for me how and when the XML object creates
its
descendants. My approach might be a bit outdated, since i might have the old
DOM model
in mind.

Best regards

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Boon Chew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Florian.  Problem is the performance actually degrades quite a bit
> when there are
a lot of objects in memory.  Instantiating a lot of objects is dog slow as
well. Also, there
would really be no dependency with the datasource even if we go XML (assuming
this is
the best option) because either way we have to write code to process/transform
the
incoming data, in this case it would be just code that transforms whatever
format it comes
in as into XML.  There is also no need for events in this case as well since
they are plain
vanilla data objects with only public properties in it.

> - boon

relationships,

> people etc.
>

> The pros of this approach:
>
> * You do not depend on a datasource: it does not matter where the data comes
> from
>
> ((different) XML sources, remoting [,...]).
>
> * You have strong typed objects and you can embed your own events and errors.
> This
>
> means (unit-) testing becomes more effective.
>

> The cons:
>
> * You have to implement a parser.
>

> Best regards from Germany.
>

> --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com, Boon Chew <waspfish@ .> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
>

> > I am building an app that deals with a fair bit of people relationship data
> > coming
down

> as XML, so the hierarchical nature of XML actually comes in handy here.  I
> have a few

> the
>
> appropriate data structure for hierarchical data traversal (e.g. rooted
> tree).  Another
option