I am trying to display data with a locked and frozen (not subject to
sorting) first row.  This is a summary row and it has to be at the top
of the grid.  I considered using AdvancedDataGrid but the I didn't
want the expand/collapse icon visible.  Hiding the root node did not
work because it hid the summary as well and setting the summary to the
first row didn't work either because it was sortable.  Also, ADG felt
slower.

Anyway, I ran across something about adding ListCollectionView.as to
my project and modifying it to get the desired behavior.  I am
reluctant to do this because I am not a fan of editing distribution
source code.  Has anyone tackled this problem before?  If not, maybe
someone can suggest a solution that doesn't involve editing
ListCollectionView.

thx