My suggestion would be to write your text to the control, then use
callLater() to call the main method.

Tracy

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Amy
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 7:41 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [SPAM]Re: [flexcoders] Delay before text is updated

, "Paul Steven" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Thanks for the replies.
>

> My method basically creates a fairly large string and then writes this
> string to disk as an xml file.
>

> So are you saying, if my function takes say 10 seconds to complete,
there
> will be no ENTER_FRAME dispatched during this time? If so then is
there any
> function I can call to force an update to the screen - something like
> updateScreen() ?

I think what is happening is that the string gets set to one thing and
the call to your method is made (probably asynchronously), then the
string is immediately set back.

Possibly if you delayed the clearing of your string to an event handler
that executes when your method is finished, that would be more
effective.

HTH;

Amy